I shot a new video today talking about cosmetology job outlook, average cosmetology salary, job ideas for graduates of cosmetology school and how to get a job in cosmetology!
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics says that careers for personal appearance workers are growing faster than other careers, and are projected to grow at least through 2018.
When the BLS last measured in 2008, they found that hourly wages range from about $8 to $15 per hour. Earnings for entry-level cosmetology workers are obviously going to make less than those with more experience and time in the field.
Salary can depend on the size and location of the salon, the number of hours worked, commissions or tips, and of course your skill level and how great you are with your clients.
There are a number of different career opportunities for budding cosmetologists.
- Beauty Salons and Hair Salons are the obvious option.
- Luxury spas
- Hairstylist or makeup artist for weddings, events, fashion shows, theater, broadcast
- Owning or managing a salon or spa
- Teaching beauty school
- Beauty product sales representative
- Kids and youth salons
The best way to prep for a job is to really commit to your learning in cosmetology school, build a fabulous portfolio the entire time you’re at school and practicing in the student salon, of course graduate and get licensed, and really focus on highlighting your strengths when you begin interviewing for cosmetology jobs.
We wish you all the best in your pursuit of a fulfilling and rewarding cosmetology school, and as always, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Beauty Schools Directory! We’re here to help!
Links Discussed in the Video
- More Cosmetology Job Ideas
- Find a Cosmetology School
- Find a Cosmetology Job
- Cosmetology Portfolio Builder
Incoming search terms:
- cosmetologist career video (3)
- cosmetology video links (2)
- a cosmetologist job video (1)
- portfolio ideas for cosmetology (1)
- cosmotology video careers (1)