Aesthetics School or Esthetics School?
Jump to Your Question:
- Where can I locate, compare, and contact aesthetics schools?
- How did the field of aesthetics evolve?
- What other areas does aesthetics training cover?
- What salary can aestheticians earn?
- What are job opportunities for aestheticians?
A relatively new field, aesthetics has developed in accordance with new skin products that are more effective than ever in promoting long-term skin health. Only in the last few decades have we started to really understand how the skin ages, what affects this process, and what can be done to slow the effects of aging. Aestheticians are skin specialists who are well-trained in the fields of skin maintenance, facials, skin analysis and face treatments.
In addition to application of topical remedies, aesthetics also encompasses more intensive treatments like microdermabrasion and permanent makeup, and alternative areas like aromatherapy and reflexology. It's a diverse field, and that's what attracts many to it. For those people who are disciples of beauty but don't want to be hairstylists, nail technicians or makeup artists, aesthetics is a natural fit.
Qualified aestheticians demand high salaries because they become a necessary expense for many of their clients. Indeed, those customers who treasure beautiful, healthy, and vibrant skin are generally willing to pay quite a bit for the expert advice and assistance of their aesthetician.
Job placement for aestheticians is quite good, on account of the many different salons and businesses that need qualified skin specialists. Today, aesthetics is an excellent career choice because it is a relatively new industry and because salons are in constant need of qualified experts.
FAQ Quick Links
- Vital Statistics
- Is Cosmetology School for Me
- Choosing the Right School
- School Programs
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- School Requirements
- Finding Your First Job
- Professional Careers in the Cosmetology Industry
- Laws and licenses
- State-by-State License Requirements
- Cosmetology School Tools and Supplies