Makeup Artist School
Jump to Your Question:
- Where can I locate, compare, and contact make up artist schools?
- I know how to put on makeup. Why do I need makeup artist training?
- Does each makeup school teach the same curriculum?
- What are career options for makeup artist?
- What areas of makeup artistry can I focus on?
Many people think that transitioning from a makeup enthusiast into a professional makeup artist is an easy feat. However, as those in the makeup industry are well aware, a formal education from an academy of makeup really spells the difference between a hobby and a profession. Quality makeup training from a mkaeup artist school is not only important but essential if you plan on making a career of this interest. Makeup artist schools provide students with an impressive variety of skills that are nearly impossible to master on one's own.
If you're trying to decide which makeup artist school in the US is the best for you, ask yourself: what aspect of makeup are you most interested in? Would you like to work in a salon, or does the prospect of cinema makeup interest you?
The Salon makeup application involves making up individuals for special events (like weddings or proms, for instance) or updating a client's look as styles and products evolve. Cinema makeup, on the other hand, requires a very different set of skills. Those artists who work in film and television must understand how different types of lighting, black-and-white or color post-production effects, and the two-dimensional finished product will affect the look of the makeup. Some make up artist schools specialize in makeup for photography shoots and movies. Fashion show makeup is another area of specialization.
As your education progresses, you will most likely zero in on a particular area of professional makeup application, and you will be able to build up your portfolio for eventual placement in this field. In addition, many makeup artist schools offer intensive training programs because most students want to learn all the necessary skills and start working as soon as possible.
FAQ Quick Links
- Vital Statistics
- Is Cosmetology School for Me
- Choosing the Right School
- School Programs
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- School Requirements
- Finding Your First Job
- Professional Careers in the Cosmetology Industry
- Laws and licenses
- State-by-State License Requirements
- Cosmetology School Tools and Supplies