Behind the Scenes Makeup Academy
West New York , NJ
Behind the Scenes Makeup Academy
West New York, NJ
5518 Bergenline Ave
West New York , NJ 07093
Become a Certified Makeup Artist & Take your Career to new levels!
Behind the Scenes Makeup Academy is an Approved Makeup Academy in most of the major student membership programs including MAC Cosmetics!
Behind the Scenes Makeup Academy is a division of the Robert Fiance Education Systems, a leading name in Cosmetology & Career Training for over 50 years. Now we have opened the doors to those who wish to specialize in Professional Makeup Artistry.
Our programs are designed and instructed by industry leading artisans whose experiences range from fashion, film, theater, runway, television, print, and celebrity work. Our glamorous full-service Makeup Studios & Retail Centers will maximize your learning experiences. Our curriculums were developed BY Makeup Artists FOR Makeup Artists. Whether you're just beginning or looking for advanced training, the Behind the Scenes Makeup Academy will help you perfect your skills in Makeup Artistry and take your passion to new heights!
- Learn in a full service Manhattan-like Studio
- Classes Start Monthly
- Day and Evening Sessions Available
- Small Class Sizes
- Work hands-on with live models, book appointments & build your own clientele
- Train with the full line of PAOLO Cosmetics & Enjoy Incredible Student Discounts
- Become a PAOLO PRO Consultant & Start Earning!
- Build your portfolio with professional photography
- Learn from Qualified Professional Instructors from various fields of the industry
- Affordable Tuition with Convenient Payment Plans
Our programs will teach you:
- Fundamentals of Makeup; knowing which products, tones, and tools to use for desired results
- Essential Principles of Application; techniques to help you stand out
- Color theory and lighting
- Highlighting and contouring
- Facial Geometry & Corrective techniques
- Bridal Makeup, Day/Evening Wear
- Airbrushing & Body Painting
- Fantasy Styles; Smokey eye, Dramatic Looks, False Lashes
- High Fashion & Celebrity Styles
- Special FX Makeup; Sci-Fi Creatures, Wolfman, Prosthetic Applications, Fake scars, burns, and wounds
- Business & Beauty; Marketing yourself, building a portfolio & making extra income as a Cosmetics Consultant
Freelance Makeup Artistry
Our core program can be completed in just 5 weeks and is designed to help students master the basics of makeup applications for various facets of the industry. Students will learn techniques for corrective makeup, bridal, fashion, fantasy, and special FX. Detailed and exciting demonstrations, guest artists, fashion shows and step by step practical lessons prepare students for work in the fashion and cosmetic industries. Students will begin building a portfolio and will be ready to put their passion and talent into professional works.
Special FX Makeup Artistry
This advanced specialty course prepares students for work in film, stage, theater, and television. Topics covered include latex, prosthetics, fake blood, wounds, scars, tattoos, bald cap, and latex. Students are trained by professional Special FX Makeup Artists and will learn to apply Professional Special FX Makeup as seen on TV! The course teaches students how to transform actors into characters by learning the basics of creating and applying prosthetics, facial contouring, applying false hair and shading/highlighting to create 3D makeup effects!
Graduates will be rewarded a Certification of Completion in Professional Makeup Training.