Kenneth Shuler's School of Cosmetology
Kenneth Shuler's School of Cosmetology
Minutes from I-77 and downtown Columbia
7474 Garners Ferry Road
Columbia, SC 29209
Kenneth Shuler Schools of Cosmetology is a well-known name in the beauty industry of South Carolina, with more than 46 years of experience and 8 campuses scattered across the state. Kenneth Shuler is the ONLY Redken Premier School and American Crew Partner School in the country, demonstrating that we're always striving to provide students with nothing short of an exceptional education. In addition, we give all of our students business training so that they're better prepared when they graduate to succeed as a professional in the industry.
Other Kenneth Shuler benefits include:
• We are a BLOOM Premium School! BLOOM is a social media site similar to Facebook that's designed specifically for the beauty industry! It allows students (and professionals) to create online portfolios of their work, post résumés, and access job listings.
• All of our students receive iPads in their kits!
• We give students the opportunity to compete in state and national competitions against other cosmetology students!
• Kenneth Shuler is truly technologically savvy! Students can manage their hours and coursework through our KS student app and the general public can see all of the happenings going on at KS campuses through the KS public app!
• You can get photos done with world-renowned photographers Chip Foust and Tom Carson! Having pictures shot by these professionals also gives you a chance to be featured in national books and magazines such as Sophisticate's Hairstyle Guide and Inspire!
• Mr. Kenneth Shuler (yes, he is a real human being!) is passionate about giving back to the community. As a result, our schools regularly partner with a host of charities including the Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, the Susan G. Komen foundation and many, many MORE!
• WE. HAVE. FUN. Our students are always participating in fashion shows, spirit weeks, campus cookouts, dress-up days and MORE!
• The KS corporate office hosts a graduation reception for our students on the day that they go to take their state board practical examination. Grads drop by for delicious food, a cute gift and pictures in caps/gowns!
Cosmetology Program-The cosmetology program is offered at all 8 of our Kenneth Shuler campuses! You can choose to attend our day or evening classes. As a student, you will gain 1500 hours of study and hands-on experience as you progress through our four levels of curriculum-Skill, Design, Style & Master. Kenneth Shuler's cosmetology program focuses on Redken color techniques, Redken and American Crew (American Crew is our men's line) cutting systems, state board preparation, premier business training and BLOOM's career building program. Come with a dream, leave with tons of career possibilities. Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify.
Esthetics Program-The esthetics program is currently only offered at our Spartanburg, Florence and Garners Ferry Road (Columbia-SE) campuses. We are Dermalogica Partner Schools and our clinics are outfitted with up-to-date equipment that can be found in spas and skincare facilities across the country. As a student, you will gain 600 hours of study and hands-on experience as you learn about things such as anatomy, waxing, chemical exfoliation, etc. Esthetics students also receive training through our business program. Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify.
What Others Say about KS
"We are thrilled to announce this partnership with Kenneth Shuler Schools. Everything we do is designed to empower and inspire stylists with the products and tools they need to earn better, learn better and live better. We're looking forward to seeing this partnership grow and expand within the salon industry to build the next generation of the world's best hairdressers." -- Leslie Marino, Redken General Manager
"I chose Kenneth Shuler because when I toured the school, the environment was so comforting and friendly. To me it seemed like the best of both worlds--I'd be learning about my passion while growing bonds with my classmates and instructors, and so far that's exactly what has happened. Over the past year, my Kenneth Shuler family has been teaching me, comforting me, and helping me get those 1500 hours! I couldn't be happier that I picked Kenneth Shuler!" -- Brenna Martin, Graduate
"Having Kenneth Shuler Schools of Cosmetology as a partner is not only an honor for American Crew, but also imperative for the future of our awesome industry. As a partner, Kenneth Shuler is among elite schools making strides in the fastest growing segment of our industry today--men. We at American Crew commend KS for their continued focus on putting their students first and we are proud to have them as a part of the American Crew family." -- Tonya Hanna, National Education Manager for the American Crew Partner School Program
"14 years ago, I realized that I possessed the natural talent to help transform inner beauty into outer beauty and there was nothing else I wanted to do! The track record of KS graduates surpass any school in the Southeast and now the bar has been raised even higher!" -- Kevin Daniel Price, Graduate
Contact Us today!