Want more information?
LaBaron Hairdressing Academy
LaBaron Hairdressing Academy
240 Liberty Street
Brockton, MA 02301
For school information call (888) 321-6125
LaBaron, Brockton, is conveniently located in a pleasant rural area, across from the Regional Post Office, directly off Route 24 on the Easton, West Bridgewater town lines. The school is minutes from Boston and other surrounding towns. Ample student parking is available.
LaBaron offers a Professional Institution with family atmosphere and teamwork, where Superior Education is a priority. Together we acknowledge and accept our obligation to the community as a whole and to our students specifically in the training of the individual towards a gainful occupation. We regard as a privilege our role as an educational institution in preparing our students to make an important contribution to society.
Our mission since 1959 has been to provide the highest caliber of education for all. Each course has been organized by a teaching specialist to be beneficial to students and teachers alike. All programs have procedures designed to be comfortable for every type of student and to treat students, teachers and patrons with the respect they deserve.
We stay in step with the future by constantly updating our courses to include the latest styles and techniques. We do this to be consistent with our mission to give the finest quality education possible. As ethical private schools we acknowledge and accept our obligation to the community as a whole and to our students specifically in the training of the individual towards a gainful occupation. We regard as a privilege our role as an educational institution in preparing our students to make an important contribution to society.
Curriculum + Methods
LaBaron's educational objective is to provide every student a superior quality education in both theoretical studies and practical experiences of each desired program. Expert and comprehensive training in both areas provide the student with the following:
- Experience and knowledge in all phases of their desired profession.
- The ability to successfully pass the appropriate state licensing examinations.
- The ability to work as a licensed professional within a beauty salon.
- To perform in Cosmetology-related occupations.
- To develop employer/employee relationships & good communication skills and to accept the obligation of a good citizen to the community as a whole.
The primary purpose of the Cosmetology Curriculum is to train students in both cosmetology theory and practical experiences, which will prepare them for immediate employment opportunities. Subjects covered include the following:
- Hair Straightening & Permanent Waving
- Finger Waving
- Hair Arranging/Thermal Styling
- Scalp Treatment, Rinses & Wig Instruction
- Hair Coloring
- Hair Shaping
- Oral, Written, & Practical Tests, Sanitation, Hygiene, & Anatomy
- Instruction and Lectures on Sanitation
- Courtesy, Ethics, Salesmanship & Conduct
The student's time will initially be spent on classroom work consisting of demonstration, lectures, evaluation and practice on manikins. Upon passing a practical and theory final exam, the student will be permitted to work on clients. Following this advancement most of the student's time will be spent on practical work.
The primary purpose is to train students in both manicuring theory and practical experiences, which will prepare them for immediate employment opportunities. Subjects covered include the following:
- Scientific Concepts (Sanitation, Chemistry, Nails, Skin, Anatomy)
- Artificial Nails
- Business Practices
- State Laws
Manicuring Skills Services Minimum Practice Basic manicure & Hand & Arm Massage Pedicures Artificial Nails Sculpturing, Tipping & Wrapping
Barber Crossover Curriculum
The primary mission of the Crossover Curriculum is to train barbers in both theory and practical experience, which will prepare them for immediate employment opportunities as a cosmetologist. Subjects covered include the following:
- Chemicals (Color, Perms & Relaxing)
- Make-Up Application
- Hairstyling, Pincurls, Rollers & Finger Waves
Student Financial Aid
Student aid programs is currently approved for the following student aid programs for Cosmetology: (for those who qualify)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal SEOG
- Federal Stafford Loans
- Federal PLUS
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation
- Massachusetts State Scholarship
- Veterans' Benefits