Lu Ross Academy of Beauty & Health
470 East Thompson Boulevard
Ventura, CA 93001
A WELLA PROFESSIONALS SIGNATURE SCHOOL
Lu Ross Academy- The Premier Beauty School of Ventura County
- Voted BEST TRADE SCHOOL for 2010, 2011 and 2012 in Ventura County by the readers of the VC Star
- Voted BEST HAIRCUT UNDER $20 for 2010 and 2011 by the readers of the VC Reporter
- Described our students as "the spa world's equivalent of Harvard Business School Grads" by the Los Angeles Times Magazine.
Lu Ross Academy has been providing students with quality education since 1954. As we have grown over the years, so has the salon industry. The professional Beauty industry is a job-seekers market with 56% of salon owners reporting they had job openings. Everyone at Lu Ross is focused on our main objective - to get you employed in a job you like.
Why Choose Lu Ross Academy?
Lu Ross Academy:
- Has State Board Exam Training that sets the standard in the industry. We want all of our graduates to pass the first time.
- Works with the finest beauty industry partners such as Dermalogica, Wella, Sebastian, Murad, and MAC Cosmetics.
- Has an active, first-class, full service day spa/salon on campus so you can learn the latest beauty techniques.
- Has 14,000 square feet of facilities; including 5 classrooms, 5 treatment rooms, a wet room and a large and lively clinic floor.
- Was called the Harvard University of beauty schools by the Los Angeles Times Magazine.
- Is Nationally Accredited by NACCAS and offers Financial Aid to those who qualify.
- Has focus on one thing - you the student, not producing more campuses.
- Has (most importantly) a professional, capable staff that cares about your success.
Lu Ross is a special school. Regular guest lecturers including monthly color classes and other unique no-cost extras like advanced haircutting make Lu Ross an exciting place to develop into the professional you want to be. Aesthetics students receive classes from the Dermal Institute of Dermalogica and Murad educators.
Senior Cosmetology students receive additional make-up classes and skincare classes offered by instructors from our other programs (Aesthetics and Make-up Artist). Lu Ross Academy uses MAC Cosmetics in the make-up section of the Cosmetology program. The busy clinic floor offers opportunities to practice what you have learned. Lu Ross has serviced several generations of clients as well as students.
Having an excellent training program is not everything however - you must pass the State Board Exam in order to work. At a certain point in your training, you will start to attend Weekly State Board Classes, which are included in the tuition. These classes prepare you for the State License Exam. Everything is set up to look like the actual State Licensing site so you'll feel comfortable when you get there.
Lu Ross Academy believes in the importance of hands-on training. We know you will make mistakes-we expect you to make mistakes. That is how people learn-from correcting their mistakes. The curriculum goes foar beyond the State Board requirements. Learn advanced techniques and use your creativity.
Lu Ross Academy believes in the importance of hands-on training. We know you will make mistakes-we expect you to make mistakes. That is how people learn-from correcting their mistakes. The curriculum goes far beyond the State Board requirements. Learn advanced techniques and use your creativity.
- Hair styling
- Hair cutting
- Chemical hair relaxing
- Hair coloring
- Thermal hair styling
- Scalp and hair treatments
- Facials: manual, electrical and chemical
- Manicuring: acrylic, tips, wraps
- Thermal styling
Lu Ross Academy is proud to launch a comprehensive Barbering program in Ventura County. The Barbering program emphasizes the importance of hands-on training. The curriculum goes far beyond the State Board requirements. Learn advanced techniques and use your creativity. Barbering students receive additional classes in hair color, bleaching and hair-cutting. Continuous practical applications, lectures, testing and evaluations are used to meet the course objectives. The goal is to make our Barbering graduates world class professionals who can perform great men's services as well as women's.
• Hair styling
• Hair cutting
• Clipper cuts
• Shaving techniques and razor styling
• Hair color & color formulating
• Permanent waving
• Blow drying
Teach others the secrets of beautiful skin. In the same 600 hours that all the schools in California teach the basic mandated curriculum, we also teach post-graduate extras like microdermabrasion, chemical peels, acne treatments, body treatments and Sunless Tanning Certification.
- Facials: manual, electrical, chemical
- Chemistry, disinfection, sanitation
- Hair removal, eyebrow arching
- Make-up techniques
- Introduction to microdermabrasion
- Chemical peels
- Body waxing, salt glows, mud wraps
- Sunless Tanning Certification by Norvell Skin Solutions
Lu Ross Academy offers a unique 120 hour program designed for those who have chosen Makeup as a career. This ten week training program teaches the fundamentals and advanced techniques. The Makeup Artist course begins with a comprehensive overview of makeup and thoroughly covers beauty, bridal and high fashion makeup. Students participate in photo shoots, learn to network with photographers and models and receive their MAC Pro Card.
- Introduction to makeup artistry, the role of a makeup artist
- Makeup kit overview, sanitation and hygiene
- Color theory and correction
- Skin analysis, skin types and skin care
- Brush tips, techniques and brush care
- Lighting, foundations, powders, face and eye shapes, contouring and highlighting
- Eye lining and eye shadow, eye brows, false eyelashes, mascara, lip liner, lipstick and glosses, cheeks and blush placement
- Beauty makeup, bridal makeup, special event makeup, high fashion & editorial makeup, runway makeup and back stage etiquette
- Exclusive in-store MAC trend events
- Building a portfolio, business strategies, networking tips and beauty and makeup resources
The course is focused on hands-on makeup application and creative makeup techniques
Lu Ross Academy is proud to re-launch the Manicuring Program as a 600 Hour course. The new format allows us to cover every aspect of Nail Technology. The Manicuring profession has gone through several changes in the past few years, but has now re-emerged as a profession that has truly come into its own. There are now many exciting new technologies in Nail Technology and the new 600 hour course covers them all. Manicurists are much sought after to work in salons and spas. The Manicuring class at Lu Ross Academy takes the profession to a next level. The spa-like atmosphere at Lu Ross gives the student a sense of being on a team of beauty and health professionals
Lu Ross Academy has partnered with CND, Creative Nail Design to bring together advanced cutting edge techniques and offer them to our students. CND is committed to advance the state of the nail industry to a new level through training, technology and an artistic vision.
• Water & oil manicure
• Acrylics, nail tips, nail wraps
• Pedicures including reflexology
• Pink & whites
• French manicure
• Gel Nail Systems
• Shellac nails
• Spa Manicure
• Spa Pedicure
• Nail Art including 3-d Gels
• Spa Manicures & Pedicures
• French Manicures & Pedicures
• State Board Preparation Classes
Thank you for your interest in Lu Ross Academy. Please contact us to speak with an Admissions Advisor about your particular career goals!
Lu Ross Academy of Beauty & Health