New Age Spa Institute
Des Plaines, IL
1651 Elk Blvd
Des Plaines, IL 60016
We DO NOT offer Financial Aid
Welcome to the New Age Spa Institute, the only CIDESCO Accredited School in the state of Illinois!
The CIDESCO Diploma is the world's most reputable international qualification in the field of Esthetics. The Diploma is awarded to candidates who have passed practical and written examinations .CIDESCO Diploma holders also receive a CIDESCO badge that is instantly recognized as a sign of excellence.
The New Age Spa Institute, one of the finest esthetics schools in Illinois, strives to provide the most comprehensive, up-to-date esthetics programs available. Our esthetics program allows for classes in advanced techniques, both in esthetics and makeup, built into the curriculum. Whether you are interested in working in the medical field as an aesthetician, in salon and spas, or as a professional makeup artist, The New Age Spa Institute will prepare you and set you apart from the competition in your field.
It is our job at The New Age Spa Institute to make this time as productive and beneficial to your future as possible. We provide both full-time and part-time classes in our esthetics programs. Unlike other esthetics schools in Illinois, we believe in small classes, hands- on training, interactive theory lessons, and a friendly, encouraging environment.
What is CIDESCO Diploma
The creation of the COMITE INTERNATIONAL D'ESTHETIQUE ET DE COSMETOLOGIE, better known as CIDESCO, was the idea of two professionals, Mr. Dumont of Brussels, Belgium and Mr. Poirsons of Paris, France. CIDESCO was created to work toward universal standards for estheticians. The official birth date of CIDESCO was December 1946 in Brussels, Belgium with the official headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. It took the next few years to create and conceive (with the cooperation of professionals all over the world) the CIDESCO standards for estheticians and their training.
CIDESCO guidelines have been utilized as a standard for training in Europe since 1946. These same standards have only recently been introduced in the United States. Students who pass the CIDESCO exam will be eligible to work worldwide. They will enter the Esthetics industry with knowledge that is far more extensive than someone trained only in facials or only in body massage. A CIDESCO trained Esthetician can provide full body care. They will have the knowledge to equal estheticians trained anywhere in the world. These students are qualified to own and operate body care Spas, work with plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and clients with skin problems. They can also provide services to those who just want to maintain health.
Our Esthetics Course
Length of Course
The Esthetics program is a total of 750 hours and may be completed in 6 months for a full time student or in 9-12 months for a part time student.
From the beginning our students receive personalized attention in small, friendly classes. They begin with in depth theory, practical hands on experience, and home studies. After several months they begin working on clients from the outside in our professional skin care clinic to gain immeasurable practical work experience. Our students also receive intensive training and certification in popular treatments like: Micro-dermabrasion with and without crystals, Chemical peeling including Green Peel and Jesner's, Anti-aging treatments with LED, Photo-facial and Hair removal with lasers. Every student also certified in The Professional Makeup Artistry Course.
Our Esthetician Program is one of the best of its kind in the country. We are a Bioelements Partner school and use the Bioelements product line in our demonstrations, instruction, and practice. Our students also get to work and practice with other professional cosmetic lines i.e. Image, Jansson, Biotone.
Our program consists of 750 hrs of intense training:
1. Communicate in the Workplace
2. Apply safe working practices
3. Sell products and services
4. Provide service to clients
5. Advise on beauty services and home agenda
6. Provide lash and brow treatments
7. Provide specialized body treatments:
*Herbology Body Retexturizer
*Aromatherapist Oil Wrap
*Hydro-tub therapy treatment
*Sea salt exfoliation treatment
*Mud Therapy Body mask
8. Design and apply Makeup
9. Provide specialized facial treatments for Men, Women, Teenagers
10. Apply knowledge of Anatoomy, Physiology, Skin Biology and Science to the Beauty Treatments
11. Apply knowledge of Electricity (Electrotherapy) to Esthetics Treatments
12. Apply knowledge of Nutrition to Esthetics Treatments
13. Apply knowledge of Cosmetic Chemistry to Esthetics
14. Therapy Treatments
*Determine client's requirements, analyze client characteristics
*Identify contra-indications, determine treatment plan
*Professional skin diagnosis using diagnostic equiptment
*Treatment of various skin disorders
*The use of exfoliating techniques including Alpha Hydroxy acids, dry peeling techniques
*Mask application and heat mask
15. Investigate new products and services
16. Apply Aromatherapy Oils chemistry to Esthetics Therapy Treatments
17. Provide Japanese Hot Stones Massage
18. Provide Power Point Massage
19. Provide Superficial Lymph Drainage Massage
20. Provide Chemical Peeling Treatments
21. Provide Anti-Aging Treatments with LED
22. Hair Removal (hard and soft wax)
ALSO INCLUDED Five extra diplomas (no extra cost).
1. Medical Aesthetics
2. Microdermabrasion with and without crystals
3. Chemical Peeling Certification
5. Professional Makeup Artistry
Additionally you'll be learning:
Our students also receive intensive training in the following:
• Acne and Rosacea treatments
• Wet and dry body procedures
• Hydrotherapy tub treatments
• Advance Facial Techniques
• Hot stone massage
• Brazilian waxing
• Nutritionist's point of view on skin
• Airbrush Makeup for Bridal and Photography
• Micro current Treatments
• Ultrasound Treatments
• Performing advanced skin analysis using instruments such as Image Pro
• Laser Hair Removal and Photo Facials ( hands-on training )
Our Points of Difference
• 100% enrollment to graduation ratio
• 100% state board exam passing and licensure rate
• Highly qualified and accomplished educators including guest speakers currently working in the skincare industry
• Modern fully equipped spacious classrooms
• Flexible schedules both full time and part time: days, evenings, and weekends
• Intensive training and certification in Medical Aesthetics
• A strong work experience program which ensures students that they are completely competent and qualified in all aspects of the Beauty and Spa Industry
• Preparation for the student to successfully meet the CIDESCO exam requirements to practice Esthetics internationally
• Affordable tuition with monthly payment plans and differed student loans (conditions apply)
• Lifetime help with job placement assistance with over 15 years of building connections with industry employers.
• We are approved by USDHS to admit international students: M-1 visa students.
Additional Programs Offered:
NAIL TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
The New Age Spa Institute enrolls new students approximately every three month. These schedules accommodate most individual life styles.
Full Time Day Course: M-F 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Full Time Day Course: M-Th 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Part - Time Evening Course: Tue, Wed, Th 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
Part Time Day Course: Sat. 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Sun. 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
So if you're researching esthetics schools in Illinois, consider the esthetics programs at the New Age Spa Institute. Just fill out the form for more information.
**We only offer English speaking courses.
New Age Spa Institute