Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools in Mississippi
Browse our directory of cosmetology continuing education schools in Mississippi, or skip ahead to learn about the state's cosmetology licensing requirements and job outlook.
Browse All Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools in Mississippi
We don't currently know of any schools here, but we're always looking for more. Do you manage a beauty school in this area? Reach out to us at schools.beautyschoolsdirectory.com to talk about getting your school featured on this page!
Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools Near Me
- 1,500 education hours are required to become licensed.
- You must renew your license every 2 years.
- 0 continuing education hours are required to renew your license.
- The average salary for cosmetologists in Mississippi is $24,110 ($11.59/hour). This is lower than the national average of $26,090 ($12.54/hour).
- There is a predicted 6% job increase between 2016-2026 for cosmetologists. This is lower than the expected national growth of 9%.
Cosmetology school can give you a great base of knowledge on which to build your career in the beauty industry. However, change is constant in this field, and you can get left behind if you don't keep up. That's why continuing education is so important in Mississippi's cosmetology industry.
Whether you want to learn about new styling techniques or tweak your business skills, there is likely a continuing education course that can help you reach your goals.
CEU courses may be available in a variety of settings and subjects, so your options may depend on where you work and what your specialty is. Many salons offer courses, both for employees and outside stylists. Your employer may require you to take certain courses, or you may be able to choose those that suit your interests and your career goals.
License renewal period
Continuing education required
The Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology notes that continuing education is not required for most cosmetology careers in Mississippi. If you are a cosmetology instructor, you must complete 24 hours of continuing education every two years. In the field of electrology, specialists are required to complete 30 hours of continuing education in each two-year period.
Mississippi Cosmetology Careers
Average yearly salary for cosmetology in Mississippi
You may find that furthering your education even allows you to change your career path. With training in management and leadership, you may move up to a management position in your salon. If you take courses in business ownership, you may decide to open your own salon. Think about where you want to be in your career in five years, and further your education accordingly.
Contact the Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology
- 239 North Lamar Suite 301, Jackson, MS 39201
- Website: Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology
- Email: Contact the Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology
- Call: 601-359-1820
- Fax: 601-354-6639