Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools in Iowa
Browse our directory of cosmetology continuing education schools in Iowa, or skip ahead to learn about the state's cosmetology licensing requirements and job outlook.
Browse All Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools in Iowa
Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools Near Me
- 2,100 education hours are required to become licensed.
- You must renew your license every 2 years.
- 8 continuing education hours are required to renew your license.
- The average salary for cosmetologists in Iowa is $25,990 ($12.49/hour). This is lower than the national average of $26,090 ($12.54/hour).
- There is a predicted 12% job increase between 2016-2026 for cosmetologists. This is higher than the expected national growth of 9%.
License renewal period
Continuing education required
Iowa requires 8 hours of cosmetology continuing education each period to renew. Barbers only have to complete 4 hours of continuing education during each renewal period.