Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools in New Jersey
Browse our directory of cosmetology continuing education schools in New Jersey, or skip ahead to learn about the state's cosmetology licensing requirements and job outlook.
Browse All Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools in New Jersey
We don't currently know of any schools here, but we're always looking for more. Do you manage a beauty school in this area? Reach out to us at schools.beautyschoolsdirectory.com to talk about getting your school featured on this page!
- 1,200 education hours are required to become licensed.
- You must renew your license every 2 years.
- 0 continuing education hours are required to renew your license.
- The average salary for cosmetologists in New Jersey is $33,510 ($16.11/hour). This is higher than the national average of $26,090 ($12.54/hour).
- There is a predicted 24% job increase between 2016–2026 for cosmetologists. This is higher than the expected national growth of 9%.
License renewal period
Continuing education required
Cosmetology continuing education is not required for most licenses, although electrology licensees must do 2 CEUs each licensure period. Though continuing education may not be required for some practitioners' licenses, cosmetology CEUs are always recommended to stay current in the industry.
Contact the New Jersey State Board of Cosmetology
The New Jersey State Board of Cosmetology can help you with updating your name or change of address information, acquiring out-of-state licensing, renewal and other useful forms, as well as answer other questions about obtaining a New Jersey cosmetology license.