Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools in New York State
Browse our directory of cosmetology continuing education schools in New York, or skip ahead to learn about the state's cosmetology licensing requirements and job outlook.
Browse All Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools in New York
For School Owners
Don't see your school listed? Want to discuss becoming a featured school in the directory? Contact us to learn more.
Cosmetology Continuing Education Schools Near Me
- 1,000 education hours are required to become licensed.
- You must renew your license every 4 years.
- 0 continuing education hours are required to renew your license.
- The average salary for cosmetologists in New York is $34,080 ($16.38/hour). This is higher than the national average of $26,090 ($12.54/hour).
- There is a predicted 6% job increase between 2018–2026 for cosmetologists. This is lower than the expected national growth of 9%.
License renewal period
Continuing education required
No continuing education hours are currently required, but CEUs are the recommended way of staying on top of changes in the industry.
Contact the New York State Board of Cosmetology
- 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231
- Website: New York Dept. of State Division of Licensing Services
- Call: 518-474-4429
- Fax: 518-473-6648