Teacher Training Schools in Hawaii
- 600 education hours or 4 Months apprentice hours are required to become licensed.
- You must renew your license every 2 years*.
- 0 continuing education hours are required to renew your license.
- Average salary for teacher training in Hawaii is $63,560.
- There is a predicted 5.2% job increase between 2012 - 2022.
Do you wonder if you have what it takes to accomplish your dream of being a great cosmetology instructor? Through the right beauty school training courses, you can learn to pass on your skills to students who have a passion for beauty trades, while you also instill an attitude of respect and goodwill towards your community. Hawaii beauty professionals, like Henry Ramirez, who owns Salon 808 in Ala Moana, is proof of the impact we can have. He helps cancer patients who are losing their hair by giving them low-cost services and wigs that help chemotherapy patients sustain dignity during treatment. Our passion is helping students like yourself choose the best cosmetology teacher training programs, so you can make a positive impact in your life and community. We work with beauty schools across the United States to develop lasting relationships. By learning and working with the industry, we can provide our readers with relevant and helpful info and connect you with schools in your area. Ready to move forward and view your options? You can either scroll down to the listings below, or you can use the search box above its up to you!
State License Requirements
Required to earn a teacher training license
Becoming a beauty instructor in Hawaii may qualify you to start teaching in beauty schools and beauty programs at technical colleges. You must first earn a cosmetology license and spend at least one year working as a cosmetologist. Once you meet this requirement, you can complete 600 hours of training in an approved instructor education program. The application fee is $20. Contact the licensing board to learn more: Hawaii Division of Professional and Vocational Licensing
Hawaii cosmetology teacher training programs should help you become a leader who can mentor students effectively. By exploring the best teaching methods and ways to motivate students, you can help them work towards licensure. And you can increase your retention rates if you are a better teacher and develop your skills through the right training. When you compare cosmetology teacher training programs, first look at the classes they offer and the learning outcomes they aim to achieve.
Typically required Hawaii cosmetology instructor training courses:
- Classroom management
- Learning styles
- Student motivation
- Student retention
License renewal period
Continuing education required
If you pursue a career as a cosmetology instructor in Hawaii, you will need to know how to renew your license. You will need to renew no later than March 31st in odd-numbered years. The fee in this state is $100. Please note, you will be eligible for teaching after you earn your license and accumulate 600 hours of teacher training hours. You can learn more about the requirements and review the renewal application at the Hawaii Board of Cosmetology website. There are no continuing education courses required for renewal.
Hawaii Teacher Training Careers
Average yearly salary for teacher training in Hawaii
- Hawaii Institute of Hair Design Accredited school of hair design located in Honolulu in the state of Hawaii. Hosts year long classes to help people become proficient in the art of hairdressing.
- Website: http://www.hihdhawaii.net/
- Phone: (808)-533-6596
- Paul Mitchell: Honolulu The Honolulu branch of the Paul Mitchell Schools. Critically acclaimed. Produces hair designers that consistently show that they know what they are doing.
- Website: http://www.paulmitchell.edu/honolulu
- Phone: (808)-202-2503
- La Mer Nail Institute A certified beauty school in Honolulu, Hawaii that specializes in nail care and beauty.
- Website: http://www.lamernail.com
- Phone: (808)-587-6163
Contact the Hawaii State Board of Teacher Training
Fax Number: 808-586-3031 To succeed as a cosmetologist or barber in Hawaii, networking with like minded professionals is a great first step. Below are some that we recommend connecting with.
Find Other Teacher Training Schools in Hawaii
Check out the Teacher Training schools other cities in Hawaii have to offer.